Social media management tools are essential to the success of any social media agency or small business that runs its social media in-house. These applications let you post to multiple social networks at once, view detailed analytics, and even automate daily tasks like reposting old blog posts.
One of the most important things you should keep in mind when deciding on a social media management app is the social networks it supports. After all, all social media management tools support Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but what about Yelp, Google My Business, Reddit, and other lesser known social networks?
Unfortunately for brands, most social media management tools don't support these networks. This may not seem like a big deal at first, but manually posting to these social networks will consume your time and makes it impossible to view analytics for those networks.
But don't lose hope yet. There are some social media management apps that support smaller social networks—and in this article, we'll show you them.
We'll open with an overview of what social networks you should look out for when choosing a social media management tool. Then, we'll give you a table of what social networks the major social media tools offer.
The apps we're comparing are:
- Social Report
- Sprout Social
What social networks should your social media management tool support?
Here's a list of the social networks you should look for when shopping for a social media management tool.
- Twitter — the classic microblogging service.
- Facebook — the world's social network. Make sure your app of choice supports Pages and Groups.
- LinkedIn — a social network for professionals. This is especially important if you're targeting entrepreneurs.
- Instagram — the world's most popular image sharing social network. Make sure your social media app of choice supports Instagram.
- Yelp — a popular restaurant and entertainment review site. Your company must be here if you have a physical presence.
- Google My Business — dynamically update your business' Google listing. Check out our full overview of the up-and-coming network.
- YouTube — the go-to video sharing social network.
- Reddit — there's a subreddit for everything, and your brand should be there.
- Pinterest — share new designs, recipes, and everything in-between. This network has a huge lead conversion rate for the brands that advertise there.
- Tumblr — a blogging platform for everyone, preferred by Millennials.
What social networks do the major social media tools support?
Now, the moment you've been waiting for. Here's what social networks all of the major social media management tools support.
|Social Report||Loomly||Sprout Social||Buffer||Agorapulse||MeetEdgar||HootSuite|
|Google My Business||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
Like discussed earlier, most social media management tools only support the "big four": Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Currently, Social Report is the only major social media management app that supports all social networks—even the obscure ones.
Having access to all social networks means that you can automate your workflow, view detailed analytics for all networks that your business uses, and drive the best results to your clients. Further, it future proofs you and your clients for the next big social network.
With this in mind, make sure to assess what social networks your business plans on using in the future before purchasing a social media management tool. Doing this will save you time and frustration in the future.
Want a social media management tool that supports all social networks? Try Social Report for free.