One of the best ways to learn social media marketing is reading industry blogs.
After all, it's a free way to learn insights and new skills from people on the front lines of the social media marketing world.
Chances are you probably have a few favorite blogs already (you're reading one of them now 😉), there's always room for more content in your RSS reader.
So in this edition of the Social Report Insights blog, we're here to show you 10 must-read social media marketing blogs for 2019. These blogs will teach you new skills and give you different looks at the social media world from the comfort of your smartphone or laptop.
We've selected a broad range of social media marketing blogs in this piece. Some are how-to focused and others share, so you'll have a well-rounded look at the social media blog space.
Let's dive in and check them out!
1. Social Report Insights — our in-house blog
Hey, this is the blog you're reading this one right now!
The Social Report Insights blog is our in-house blog. We post daily, giving you a fresh mix of how-to's, insights, and the occasional bit of social media news.
We started the Insights blog as a way to share our social media marketing knowledge. After all, we're a social media company so we have to constantly keep up to date with hot new trends and breaking social news—so why not share it with you?
Must reads from Social Report:
- 7 Mesmerizing Instagram Grid Layouts for 2019
- The Big Question: Will Having A Private Instagram Account Get You More Followers?
- 9 Tricks That Will Help Social Media Managers Save Time Every Week in 2019
2. Convince & Convert — outstanding guides for marketers
It’s important to know the tactics that work well to influence #socialmedia engagement. Think content curation, posting at the best times, connecting to emotion, rock solid visuals. More: https://t.co/mguLuDJ4Wp pic.twitter.com/jB9U4HK0Fz— Convince & Convert (@convince) January 30, 2019
Convince & Convert is a general marketing blog with a heavy emphasis on social media marketing. The blog covers a lot of social media topics that you don't hear about elsewhere, like how to cover a social media crisis or discussing how brands are using paid social wrong.
Check the Convince & Convert blog frequently. There's a ton of good content there that you won't find covered elsewhere!
Must reads from Convince & Convert:
- Why Social Media and Word of Mouth Are Not the Same Thing
- Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared: How to Manage a Social Media Crisis
- Where Your Brand Is Going Wrong With Paid Social
3. Social Media Examiner — how-to's for days
Social Media Examiner is one of the most popular social media marketing blogs on the 'net, and it's easy to see why. Every day, they post new and interesting social media guides, covering the very basics to more advanced insights.
All of the posts on Social Media Examiner are written by their network of influencers (including our own Digital Marketing Manager!). These people do social media for a living, so you're getting awesome insights straight from the source.
Must reads from Social Media Examiner:
- How to Easily Design Social Media Images: 4 Free Tools
- Phrases That Sell: 8 Copywriting Tips
- How to Use the Instagram Countdown Sticker for Business
4. Jon Loomer — excellent Facebook tips and tricks
New post! Here's my latest with several strategies on "How to Manage Facebook Ad Frequency" https://t.co/tOxqhccJ7Z— Jon Loomer (@jonloomer) January 30, 2019
Jon Loomer is a Facebook expert. On his blog, he posts all things Facebook, from tips on ads to organic reach hacks. So for all you Facebook junkies out there, this blog is right up your alley.
Just note that his guides are pretty advanced and are not for those looking for high-level Facebook tips. Expect to dive deep into different aspects of the platform and learn how to seriously fuel your Facebook growth.
Must reads from Jon Loomer:
- How to Edit a Facebook Ad and Retain Social Proof
- Facebook Account Optimization and Organization Techniques
- How I Used Facebook Lead Ads to Create a Quiz
5. Duct Tape Marketing — small business social media strategies
Today, I take a look at how to incorporate #marketingautomation into your existing strategy to ensure that you get the best results out of the tool. Take a look! https://t.co/g4jz3bheDQ pic.twitter.com/pzbtAUs86j— John Jantsch (@ducttape) January 29, 2019
Duct Tape Marketing is a blog for all things marketing. While social is one of the site's main focuses, don't be surprised to see new and interesting insights on content marketing, SEO, and other bits and pieces of marketing goodness.
We recommend social media marketers read Duct Tape Marketing to expand their marketing horizons. After all, it's good to have a solid understanding of what other people in the marketing scene are working on.
Must reads from Duct Tape Marketing:
- The Three Elements of an Effective Total Online Presence
- Why Behavior Scoring is the Missing Ingredient in Your Marketing Approach
- How to Use LinkedIn to Generate Sales Conversations
6. Socially Sorted — the marketer's guide to visual media
19 Ways to Easily Survey Your Audience and Crush it with Content https://t.co/MxyC0pirCO— Donna Moritz (@SociallySorted) December 18, 2018
Socially Sorted has long been one of our favorite social media marketing blogs. It's run by Donna Mortiz—one of our top marketers of 2019—and covers visual media for social media marketers.
On Donna's blog, you'll find ways to maximize your visual content, new ideas for Stories, and even guides on how to create original content. Even better, many of her guides focus on Pinterest and Instagram, so you can brush up on these up-and-coming networks.
Must reads from Socially Sorted:
- 5 Ways To Get More Pinterest Traffic With Visual Content
- 3 Easy Things To Post On Instagram Stories (When You’re Stuck For Ideas)
- 3 Engaging Ways To Rethink Your Social Video Strategy
7. Social Media Today — keep up on social media news
Social Media Today is a must read blog for anyone that works in social media. You'll find two types of content on their site: daily news pieces and insights from their network of influencers. We're huge fans of their news content as it's posted timely so you can keep up with social news as it's happening.
They post a few times a day, so check Social Media Today often to stay on top of the social media marketing world. Trust us, your clients and stakeholders will appreciate the new insights you bring to the table.
Must reads from Social Media Today:
- Twitter Launches 2019 #BrandBowl to Celebrate Super Bowl Campaigns
- 3 Potential Benefits of Facebook's Coming Messaging App Merger
- Businesses Can Now Directly Schedule Videos to Instagram
8. Peg Fitzpatrick — social smarts for entrepreneurs
Peg Fitzpatrick is a social media blogger that teaches entrepreneurs how to market on social media. Most of her content is aimed at social media marketing beginners, so it's a great read if you're just starting out in the space—especially if you're a bootstrapped solopreneur.
Must reads from Peg Fitzpatrick:
- 8 Cool Ideas to Rock Instagram Stories to Build Your Brand
- How to Find Brand Inspiration on Pinterest
- Quick and Dirty Guide to Hashtags on Pinterest
9. SBZ — awesome Instagram marketing tips
Sue B. Zimmerman's blog—SBZ—is a knowledge-base of all things Instagram. Sue and her staff constantly churn out awesome insights on the image sharing platform, including articles on how to sell products on Instagram and methods of improving engagement numbers.
Must reads from SBZ:
- How to Understand Instagram Icons: A Beginner’s Guide
- How To Sell Products On Instagram 2018
- How To Make Money on Instagram Stories
10. Rebekah Radice — in-depth social guides
Ways to Repurpose #Blog Content Into New Media:— Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice) January 31, 2019
- Video Tip Series
- Pinterest Board with FAQ’s
- Roundup Post
- Online course#blogging #digitalmarketing https://t.co/WZ2UuSk5Gs pic.twitter.com/euGmLOH3f3
Rebekah Radice is an entrepreneur, marketer, and social media blogger. Her personal blog is filled with awesome social media tips and listicles that can teach even the most experienced marketers some new tricks.
Topics range from ways to increase engagement to techniques on how to keep your sanity when running social media. We dig the mix, so check out her blog for insights!
Must reads from Rebekah Radice:
- 21 of the Best Business Books for Entrepreneurs
- How to Manage Social Media Without Losing Your Mind
- The Most Important Elements in Your Social Media Budget
In this article, we showed you 10 must-read social media marketing blogs for 2019. In the comments, let us know your favorite social media marketing blogs—don't worry, there's no shame in self-promoting 😉
Need a great social media management tool? Try Social Report free for 30 days.